1. ELIGIBILITY. The Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who are registered members of the AdultSwim.com website (the "Site"). Registered members must have a valid username and password. The following are ineligible: employees and their spouses, immediate families (parent, child, sibling and any of their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing (whether or not related) of The Cartoon Network, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Time Warner Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, cable affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, including Sponsor, the "Sweepstakes Entities").
The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules. Void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Sweepstakes, participants must log on to the Site using their valid username and password and follow the directions to enter the Sweepstakes. Participants may enter the Sweepstakes beginning at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on August 31, 2012 until 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 9, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period"). No other methods of entry will be accepted.
To be eligible, entries must be submitted and received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor's computer is the official time clock. Entries must be submitted in the name of an eligible living person and the prize can only be awarded to the person or Site account holder whose name is on or corresponds to the winning entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Proof of submitting an entry does not constitute proof that Sponsor received the entry in the Sweepstakes.
Limit: one (1) entry per person/household/Site account per calendar day. Multiple entries received in violation of the entry limitation, false or deceptive acts or entries, or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void, will render a participant ineligible, and also may result in participant no longer being allowed to enter Sponsor's sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Sponsor's sole discretion.
The Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor's control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify entrants and/or modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO WIN: On or around September 14, 2012, eight (8) potential winners (collectively, when verified by Sponsor as set forth below, the "Winners," each individually a "Winner") will be randomly selected by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Each Winner will be notified by Sponsor via email and must meet all eligibility requirements including timely replying to Sponsor's notification and executing and returning all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Each Winner should receive his/ her prize(s) within two (2) to four (4) weeks from the date of Sponsor's verification of him/her as the Winner.
At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification may result from any of the following: If the potential Winner (i) fails to respond to the notification or contact Sponsor within a reasonable period of time or no longer than thirty(30) days from the date Sponsor sends such notice, (ii) fails to sign and return all necessary documents within the time period designated by Sponsor, (iii) declines the prize, (iv) fails to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency, or (v) fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Forfeited prizes will be deemed unclaimed and will not be awarded.
The decisions of Sponsor in all matters regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding. Limit: One (1) prize per person/ household/ Site account.
4. PRIZE. Eight (8) Winners will each receive one (1) prize pack consisting of: one (1) Robot Chicken hoodie, one (1) pair of Robot Chicken socks, one (1) Robot Chicken DVD, and one (1) DC Comics action figure signed by Seth Green, Matt Senriech and Geoff Johns. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each prize is Seventy-Five Dollars ($75.00).
The ARV of all prizes (8 prizes) is Six Hundred Dollars ($600.00).
No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemption is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value in the event the advertised prize (or portion thereof) is not available for any reason, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes (if any) and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified in these Official Rules and/or in the applicable entry instructions as being provided. All details of the prizes not specified herein at Sponsor's sole discretion.
5. GENERAL. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants grant the Sweepstakes Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use the participant's name, voice, picture and likeness, and biographical information, without compensation, further notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, throughout the world in perpetuity.
THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY AND PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND AGENTS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS AND/OR LIABILITIES FOR INJURY/DEATH, DAMAGE OR LOSS TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY RELATING TO OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES (REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF SUCH INJURY OR LOSS), THE DELIVERY AND/OR SUBSEQUENT USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED AND/OR PRINTING, DISTRIBUTION OR PRODUCTION ERRORS OR FOR LOST, LATE, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, CORRUPTED OR ILLEGAL/UNAUTHORIZED SUBMISSIONS. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PRIZE IS AWARDED "AS IS" AND THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND IS NOT IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, participants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Fulton County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives any and all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out of pocket expense and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplies or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or participants' and/or Sponsor's rights and obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
8. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNER'S LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List (which should be available on or about November 14, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage) to the following address (please specify "Official Rules" or "Winners"): Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Sweepstakes, 1050 Techwood Drive NW, Exe0302a, Atlanta, Georgia 30318. All requests must be received by December 31, 2012.
9. SPONSOR: The Cartoon Network, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30318